Bleach Exile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Bleach Exile Staff
Administrators:
Site Owner | Head Admin
Items in Combat. Mikiadmintag2
Admin
Items in Combat. Hakumod-1
Moderators
Items in Combat. KirikoModTag-1
Items in Combat. Kenshoumod
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 139 on Tue May 14, 2019 2:26 am
Latest topics
» Learn Hindi In 30 Days Through English Pdf Free Download
Items in Combat. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:03 pm by poijanyk

» Windows 7oem Hp
Items in Combat. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:48 am by poijanyk

» Download Oblivion 2013 Movie Nl Subs
Items in Combat. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 6:59 am by ohancreig

» La Grande Vadrouille
Items in Combat. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:28 pm by ohancreig

» ESET Smart Security 4.0.314 Final 32 Bit With Licenses
Items in Combat. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:22 am by ohancreig

» Asin-Tuldok Mp3
Items in Combat. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:47 pm by ohancreig

» Bleach Clash [Afilliate?]
Items in Combat. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:51 pm by Guest

» To Our "Leader"
Items in Combat. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:21 am by Kiriko Tenshi

» Regarding My Activity This Weekend
Items in Combat. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:28 pm by Kiriko Tenshi

Top posting users this week
No user

Affiliates
Statistics
We have 45 registered users
The newest registered user is isaver

Our users have posted a total of 682 messages in 146 subjects

Items in Combat.

+2
Izumi Tenshi
Ivan Mendeleev
6 posters

Go down

Items in Combat. Empty Items in Combat.

Post  Ivan Mendeleev Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:04 pm

As a future member of the R&D division when I finish my character (eventually) I expect to use different items that Anon created...

...I wonder how they would work? Some examples of items I would use would be: one that enhances my release's ability, one that strengthens kidō, one that can extend my arm, etc. etc. etc.. I have many plans and would like to know one main question besides the generality of "How does it work?"

Do abilities that spur from created items cost a technique slot?

It must depend on the item, correct? Say if it extends my arm through mechanics and all that bull shit, would that be a tech? That would seem like one of the more likely items to create a tech. However, if I have a glove that enhances the power of kidō, enhancing my rank in kidō by one and add +10 to my spirit when using kidō only would that require a tech slot? Or would it simply be active when I have it on. Of course these all require a stamina cost, but does it truly require a tech slot?

One solution to this problem would be to make item requests require a 500-1000 word sample on how the inventing of this item went, which would then require approval. This way, there would have been work done to create it other than, "By the way, I have this now."

Another solution would be to perhaps give "Item Slots." which would cost less than technique slots. But like techniques, you get 2-5 free. Assuming 2-3 because not many people create items in the first place.
Ivan Mendeleev
Ivan Mendeleev

Back to top Go down

Items in Combat. Empty Re: Items in Combat.

Post  Izumi Tenshi Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:39 pm

Hmm... well on my old site I kept Item Use solely to the R&D Division and treated it as a perk for joining Division 12. Similarly I allowed Div 8 to keep Chiyudou and Div 9 was allowed to create custom Kidou while Div 6 could create custom shunpo techniques. I don't think that would work here however... since it would require defining each Squad 100% and then balancing each perk the Squads received. So this poses an issue.

Ideally one could split have item slots however there should only be a limited number of item slots at that. Maybe no more than 5 for now and 2 are given away at the start for free. An issue I have though is that if we are going to allow items to become widely available then we are going to have to make people set up items for approval. Much like techniques and skills. This is so people won't abuse items and create items that could potentially act like cheap buffs/debuffs.

In general though if items are allowed then they should be a one time use per battle/mission sort of thing. So someone can't rely on items and expect to spam them to win a battle. If they are going to provide any type of edge to a battle it needs to be rather short lived and not anything that can be spammed unless it was a special type of weapon which would need another type of approval just to wield.

I am all up for diversity as long as its balanced and over all fair. So I am in support of item use as long as we work out all the bugs in it.
Izumi Tenshi
Izumi Tenshi
Human

Strength : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoshino Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:47 pm

The concept of 'Items' or 'Artifacts' or 'Equipment' is pretty universal really. Any race (with the possible exception of Arrancar) has potential access to technology or magic items from ages gone by (some of the canon mythos around the Quincy has this kind of atmosphere to it.)

Izu's limited slots idea is a good thing, because these are outside the scope of one's ability, thus providing versatility beyond what they might have in and of themselves.

Beyond that though, I say make them techs (unless they're minor RP things in which case nobody really cares that you have them lol.) That's my suggestion anyway.

Yoshino

Back to top Go down

Post  Ren Tenshi Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Yeah honestly make them apart of a tech, even if the tech is just 'Gets this item' Either way any like special item you use would likely need approval of some kind. Kinda like with the Quincy and their Lightsabers.
Ren Tenshi
Ren Tenshi

Strength : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivan Mendeleev Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:59 pm

If requests are a problem, I'll gladly handle item requests. Of course, I'll be making plenty of them so someone else will have to approve mine...

However, I believe a max of 5 on item slots is too low. We could simply give 2 free item slots, then the next 2 will cost 10 EP each, next 2 20 EP each, 30, and finally 40. Leaving a max of 10. It's true that these could give too much versatility, however I believe that maxing it at 10 and making it work like techniques except ever 2 instead of 5 would be much more efficient.

As for Yoshi, these items can contribute to techniques. Such as an extend-o-arm making a whip or grapple technique, however for a simple punch I don't think it should require a tech. I also don't think a kidō buff requires a tech either when using the item. Like I said, they require an item slot and a stamina cost, but I don't believe that an item should take up your techniques because simply "using an item" is not a technique, it is an item. But like I said, items can be used to fuel a technique such as a more advanced release technique.
Ivan Mendeleev
Ivan Mendeleev

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoshino Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:03 pm

Considering that you're proposing a scaling EP cost, I concur that they don't need to be parts of techs. Nice idea.

Yoshino

Back to top Go down

Post  Izumi Tenshi Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:29 pm

Anon Bijon wrote:If requests are a problem, I'll gladly handle item requests. Of course, I'll be making plenty of them so someone else will have to approve mine...

However, I believe a max of 5 on item slots is too low. We could simply give 2 free item slots, then the next 2 will cost 10 EP each, next 2 20 EP each, 30, and finally 40. Leaving a max of 10. It's true that these could give too much versatility, however I believe that maxing it at 10 and making it work like techniques except ever 2 instead of 5 would be much more efficient.

As for Yoshi, these items can contribute to techniques. Such as an extend-o-arm making a whip or grapple technique, however for a simple punch I don't think it should require a tech. I also don't think a kidō buff requires a tech either when using the item. Like I said, they require an item slot and a stamina cost, but I don't believe that an item should take up your techniques because simply "using an item" is not a technique, it is an item. But like I said, items can be used to fuel a technique such as a more advanced release technique.

Okay if they are limited to 10 with a scaling cost then I'll be fine with this. Items would need to be approved and they should stay one shot items per battle/mission. Boosts should only apply to one technique and not spammed and things like the grapple arm and other items should have some kind of limit on them to again keep from being spammed and used unfairly. I am fine for diversity in combat just make sure that said diversity is over all balanced. Fair fights are what I want to see. Nothing more, nothing less.

So limit them to 10 slots. Keep the EP cost scaling with the number of slots purchased. Require each and every item go through an approval process. I would enjoy 1 mod and 1 admin/H mod looking at approvals. Keep some kind of limit on the items as far as use goes to dis-encourage spamming. I'll be 100% fine with that and perhaps I'll even get around to creating some Shinto based items for Izumi and Ren to carry around.
Izumi Tenshi
Izumi Tenshi
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoshino Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:41 pm

I'm not sure I agree with the proposed limit per thread/mission/whatever.

These have a comparable cost to techniques, why are we trying to limit them more than techniques other than the limited number of slots and fast prices?

Give them an appropriate stamina cost to activate if required, but limiting such items as a whole just seems a little extreme to me. I like the idea of a batman type character Smile

Yoshino

Back to top Go down

Post  Izumi Tenshi Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Yoshino wrote:I'm not sure I agree with the proposed limit per thread/mission/whatever.

These have a comparable cost to techniques, why are we trying to limit them more than techniques other than the limited number of slots and fast prices?

Give them an appropriate stamina cost to activate if required, but limiting such items as a whole just seems a little extreme to me. I like the idea of a batman type character Smile

Because if someone makes an item that lifts their kidou to a higher skill level then I do not want it spammed unless it has a stamina cost that looks just like a tier boosting technique. I can already see people relying on items in combat rather than their techniques or over all skill. Like I said I am up for diversity but I want it fair. I would hate to see people lugging items around and neglecting everything else that makes their character neat.
Izumi Tenshi
Izumi Tenshi
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoshino Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:27 pm

I agree, it would be terrible for people to rely ENTIRELY on items, (especially including the aforementioned Kido booster, which sounds like it might be a bad idea in general.)

On the other hand though, a character with cool items and a cool concept is cool. Again, I present my batman example. Lots of tools available, some of them get used many times in a given thread (episode/multi-parter/comic arc) but they never overshadow the character. Take away the tools, and Batman is less versatile, but he's still Batman.

Yoshino

Back to top Go down

Post  Miki Tenshi Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:10 pm

I think if we are to approve Items like we do Techniques then we should judge these items to be a one time item per instance. Meaning if they are like the Kido booster, then they should be limited on how many times per topic it can be used, while say an item that creates smoke and is used as a diversionary tactic, then I don't believe that should be limited to a 1 time use.

I can create a guide to explain what would be considered a limited time use Item.
Miki Tenshi
Miki Tenshi
Human

https://bleachexile.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasumi Matsumara Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:14 pm

Go for It on the guide Miki
Kasumi Matsumara
Kasumi Matsumara

Strength : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  Izumi Tenshi Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:05 pm

I would love to see a guide written up. <3 That would help out a ton Miki.
Izumi Tenshi
Izumi Tenshi
Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down